Ezekiel’s vision of a wheel within a wheel. A good representation of God’s will combined with our will in prayer.
1. TACTICS: What is the tactical importance of a prayer base? A prayer base becomes the tactical position from which the Kingdom of God is advanced in a nation or nations. It is the most necessary spiritual place to be won in God before evangelization begins.
2. TOOLS: How is the base won? It is won through physically being in the nation to “walk the land.” As the Lord said to Joshua: “Every place that the sole of your foot shall tread upon, that have I given unto you, as I said unto Moses” (Joshua 1:3). It is won through the tools of prayer, the prophetic Word, worship, and warfare.
3. TASK: What is the assignment? We are to establish an “open heaven” over the area assigned. The base or hub, once won, will become “Divine Headquarters.” God’s directives for all evangelistic activity will flow from this base.
4. TERMINATION: What is the end result of an “open heaven?” An open heaven results in an open channel of communication between God and man (Genesis 28:12, 2 Samuel 22:10, Nehemiah 9:13, Psalm 144:5). This area will be our “heavenly point of contact.” It provides direct access to God leading to His active intervention in response to our intercession.
5. TEAMS: Who is sent to establish a prayer base? Why? Mature, modern day prophets, apostles, and prophetic intercessors are sent by God to the nations to establish this work. A new work in God, which this is, is built on the foundation of prophets and apostles (Ephesians 2:20).
6. TRAITS: What characteristics must these people possess in order to be sent by God? This task requires integrity and personal holiness. One must be able to walk in darkness and dispel it; then stand, covered with the precious blood of Jesus, to intercede before the very throne of God. To be able to do this, those who are sent must have “clean hands,” a “pure heart,” and be free from pride and deceit (Psalm 24:3,4).